Suppose you’ve decided to uninstall Instagram either because you’ve outgrown the use of an Instagram account or because Meta’s owner is in the midst of controversy. In that case, it’s not as straightforward as it ought to be. Until recently, it wasn’t possible to do it through the Instagram application.
Tip: Use the best Instagram editor and viewer that not need an Instagram account.
How to Temporarily Disable your Instagram Account
You can take a break from Instagram without losing all of your followers and posts. Instead of deleting the account, you can remove it for a specific time. It’s, as always, an option that is only accessible via the browser.
- Log in to Instagram using the browser of your computer or mobile.
- Log into your profile, then select or tap “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down. Then, at the bottom, click “Temporarily deactivate my account temporarily.”
- You’ll need to select an answer to let Instagram know why you’d like to remove your account.
- If you select a response, You’ll be presented with the option to remove your account from the system.
- Re-enter your password. Then, click or tap “Temporarily disable Account.”
How to Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently
Before deleting your account, you could want to sign in to your account and download an archive of your data (such as your pictures and posts) on Instagram. Once your account is removed, you will no longer be able to access Instagram’s Data Download tool.
- Visit the Remove Your Account page from your mobile or desktop. If you’re not signed into Instagram via the internet, you’re asked to log in to Instagram first. It isn’t possible to delete your account using the Instagram application.
- Choose a reason in the dropdown menu below. Why do you have to delete the account? And re-enter your password. If you choose the option of permanently erasing your account will only be available after you’ve selected the motive from the list.
- Click or tap Delete [username].
If you’d like to delete a different account:
- Click or tap the username on the upper right corner of the Account Delete Page.
- Tap or click right next to Edit profile and log out.
- Log back in using the account you want to remove and follow the steps above.
It could require up to 90 calendar days for the process of deletion after it starts. The copies of your information could persist after 90 days in our backup storage, which we utilize to retrieve should there be a catastrophe, software glitch, or any other events that cause data loss. We also may keep your information in case of legal concerns such as terms violations or harm prevention initiatives. Find out more information regarding this by reading the Data Policy.
DELETING INSTAGRAM USING THE IOS OR ANDROID APP
The most convenient method would be to use the Instagram application on your smartphone, but it’s not accessible to all users. To find out if it’s accessible, visit your profile, tap the hamburger menu in the upper right-hand corner, and select Settings.
Next, go to the account and scroll to the end of the page. There is a “Delete account” button underneath”Branded Content. “Branded Content” button.
If you do and tap it, it will show a menu asking whether you would like to delete or deactivate your account. You’ll find more about these alternatives within the “Temporarily stopping the account of your Instagram account” section.
Clicking”Delete account” or the “Delete Account” button will show an email stating that you can stop the process of deleting your account at a specific date when you log in again. Click the red “Continue to delete account” button,” and the application will guide you through the remaining steps.