It’s not difficult to inform a friend of where you’re going to meet for a meeting if you’re in a location that has an address. But what happens if you’re trying to find the other person in a vast park? Perhaps you’re trying to give them directions to your secret camping spot that’s not on the dirt road?
Google Maps lets you pin your location onto the map and can then be navigated to it or saved for later use. If you’re not sure of the address of your home, you don’t wish to research for the address’s URL to see the location of an unidentified address or prefer not to search for the location with Google search.
A dropped pin is helpful if the location you’re seeking isn’t listed as a location or isn’t on roads. It’s also valid on the rare occasion that Google has the wrong location. This article will show you how to place an address on Google Maps on Android, iOS, and desktop.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps (Android)?
To add a pin to Google Maps when using an Android device:
- Start your Google Maps app.
- You can search for an address or browse your map till you locate the exact location you’re looking for.
- Press the screen long-press to drop pins.
- The address or address will appear on the lower right of the display.
- Click the link to share it or save it. You can also place a label on it or find directions.
How do I drop a pin to Google Maps Mobile (iOS)?
The procedure to drop an icon in Google Maps on iOS is similar to the method for Android.
- Launch Google Maps. Open the Google Maps app.
- Find an address, or look around on the map to locate the perfect pin position.
- To remove the pin, long-press the screen to drop it in the direction you want.
- A coordinate or address should appear on the lower right of your screen.
- Click the address to view more information or get directions, include labels, etc.
What is the best way to use a dropped Pin?
Let’s look at a few options you could do once you’ve dropped your pin and are happy with the location of the pin.
The specific options are different according to what you’re using, whether a desktop or mobile OS. We’ll take a look at each option individually.
As we stated initially, Google Maps’ most beneficial feature is its ability to give directions. If you’re not sure about the address of a specific place, then a dropped pin can be an essential element of the method.
You can use your dropped pin as a point of departure or an endpoint. Unfortunately, there’s no method to drop two pins together and determine their direction. Instead, you’ll need to put one pin in place, note the coordinates or address, and then drop another pin that you can use as your starting point or destination.
Save a Pin Location
You can save the location of a pin to a list connected with the account you have with your Google account. Then, you can access it across all of your devices.
In default, three lists are provided: Favorites, Want to visit, and Starred locations. You can create additional lists and take out the defaults through your places within the main menu. Each checklist can be public or private and shared with other users in specific ways. It is also possible to create groups in which anyone can include pins. These lists are great for trips to the beach or vacations.
Find Abandoned Pins and Share Them
It is possible to share a Google Map with friends. Google Maps desktop app provides four options to share a dropped pin among other people, not including the list feature mentioned above.
On your desktop, you can choose to:
- Paste and copy this short link automatically generated to give it to other people.
- Hit the Facebook icon to share your area directly to the social network.
- Share your link on Twitter by clicking on Twitter. Click on the Twitter icon.
- Get the HTML code to embed the map on the page.
If you’re sharing a lost pin’s location using your Android or iOS device, you’re obliged to use the standard share menu. The embed option won’t be accessible.
How Do I Navigate to Dropped Pins in Google Maps?
Using the left-click menu, you can locate the spot where the pin to be dropped must be put. A gray pin icon will show up on your map, and there will be an informational message at the bottom asking for more details.
What is the process of retrieving a Dropped pin?
The dropped pin can be easily removed by pressing the screen’s x. The pin will be removed when your search area is cleared.