Suppose you’ve been employing Snapchat for a lengthy time and feel frustrated. In that case, we understand that it’s a bit frustrating as we often encounter mistakes while using the application, and the most prevalent problem we have is that Snapchat does not load images in chat. Also, when we attempt to load or open images/videos or send messages through the chat, we are faced with issues. We often find that Snapchat is unable to load stories and snaps.
Don’t be concerned when you’re Snapchat doesn’t load images in the chat since there are bugs that can be fixed. Minor issues can be resolved on your own. You need to figure out the cause. If you’re Snapchat isn’t loading images or stories, there could be several reasons that it’s not working.
Ways to Fix Snapchat Won’t Load Snaps In Chat and Stories
Snapchat is easy to connect and share with your friends and the world around you. Discover, the world’s best stories. And Snaps, the moments of your life. Life’s more fun when you live in the moment! But to get this thing a Snapchat account is essential. If you want to view Snapchat stories or another thing a Snapchat viewer can help you. This tool allows you to view snaps of your friends without letting them know.
If you find that Snapchat doesn’t load snaps within the stories or chats in the chat and stories, based on the issue, below are the 5 solutions to resolve your issue with snap loading. Follow each method and follow the steps to solve your problem.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
We all know that Snapchat utilizes the internet to transmit and receive photos/videos and messages. Sometimes, we fail to connect to the internet and open the Snapchat application directly. Due to the cached data, we can see snaps loading, but the application doesn’t appear to be open.
Before you start Snapchat, Make sure you’re connected to the internet. However, this isn’t enough. You must ensure that your connection is functioning correctly. Even if you’re connecting to the Internet, the internet won’t work; therefore, ensure that your internet connection is functioning and the speed. If you’re a Data user, check your internet connection using data or change to WiFi Connection.
2. Clear all Snapchat Cache and Data
Many people do not know that Snapchat uses Snapchat storage to save your old and cache data. Due to cache data, you could encounter difficulties loading or errors in the application since it loads older data or stores it, so you need to delete all cache data in the app within a month to use the app smoothly and without lag.
If you aren’t sure how to delete your app’s cache, Do it.
- Navigate to the Settings on the device you are using (Android or iOS).
- Search Apps can be found in Settings.
- Under Apps, search for Snapchat and then click on Snapchat.
- Then, you’ll notice Clear Data somewhere on the screen.
- Click on Clear Data and choose Clear all Data.
- The cache will be cleared.
3. Enable Snapchat All Permissions
Suppose you can remember when you installed Snapchat on your device when you installed the Snapchat application onto your phone for the very first time when you logged into your account. In that case, you’ll be asked to grant or deny permissions to Snapchat, and when you first signed in, you may have refused any consent, which could be why you cannot download the snaps you’ve received.
Also, make sure to look at Snapchat permissions and give all the permissions necessary to fix the issue with loading snaps. If you aren’t sure what permissions you need to grant, then follow the steps in the following paragraphs.
Permit Snapchat permissions with Android
- Start the Snapchat app on your Android.
- Click on the Profile icon.
- Now, tap on the Gear Icon( Settings).
- “Settings,” under “Settings,” search for Permissions and click the Permissions tab.
- Last but not least, grant all permissions.
Permit Snapchat permissions when using iOS
- Launch Snapchat. Open the Snapchat application from the iOS device.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Next, tap on the Gear Icon.
- Now, tap on the Manage button option under ” Additional Services.”
- Then, tap on the Permissions.
- Last but not least, grant all permissions to Snapchat.
4. Remove and Re-add Your Snapchat Friends
Removing and adding a friend is like clearing the discussion. To take away a friend, follow these easy steps:
- Go to your Snapchat Profile and select My Friends and remove the specific friend from your friend’s list.
- Then, add them back into your existing account.
- Try sending or receiving pictures from the person and determine if the problem is corrected.
When you delete the friend from your life, it takes away all snaps that you have sent or received from them.
5. Contact Snapchat Customer Support
If you’ve tried all of the steps above, but you are still unable to resolve your issue “Snapchat loading images,” then the only hope you have is to submit your problem to the customer service of Snapchat. They’ll resolve the issue in a matter of days.
To report a problem to Snapchat
- Start the Snapchat Snapchat application on your mobile.
- Click on the icon for your profile.
- Click on the Gear (Settings) icon.
- And choose Spotted a Bug under settings.
- And pick a Camera.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to report your issue.
If this isn’t working or you haven’t received any reply from the support team, you may visit the official website to submit a complaint. To report your issue, follow the link Snapchat Support.
How to Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps or Stories?
Here are some other ways to solve the problem If Snapchat isn’t loading photos or stories.
- Change Your WiFi DNS
- Clear the Snapchat Conversation
- Enable Your Snapchat Permission
- Check the Storage Location
- Close and Re-open the Snapchat
- Uninstall Snapchat from your device
- Use your mobile data
- Logout and Re-login on Snapchat
Why Won’t Snapchat Load Old Saved Pictures On Chat?
Snapchat does not allow you to load old images saved to chat when there are troubleshooting memory issues. It could be that there is an issue with the memory not loading, such as memories that have been lost or unable to back up your Snapchat snaps. This is the main reason why Snapchat isn’t loading old pictures.
Snapchat will not load older saved images in chat if
- Memories are either empty or gray.
- Snapchat Server issue.
- Inability to keep your Snapchat photos.
- you’ve saved the image and the story within “My Eyes Only.”
- You’ve erased your old pictures from the camera roll.
- Older Snapchat app.
- There is no storage on this device.
- There are too many cache files.